Anyone working for sse?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering, my lad is absolutely desperate to escape the bg sinking ship but Im thinking out of the frying pan into the fire?

Sponsored Links
I used to work for them , Total and utter shoite, wouldnt recommend them to anyone , customer or employee, quite a few ex SSE on here , think all will tell you the same

Oh, are there any decent competent companies to work for these days?

Sponsored Links
Oh, are there any decent competent companies to work for these days?

Not sure tbh.
Wouldn't say decent or same elsewhere but my way, there's money to be made working for whoever gets the local housing contracts.
Can work in some sheiteholes but hourly rates not bad and when on call every 6 weeks or so there's a good bit of overtime that can be made with call outs, retainers etc.

Not for everyone though

I used to

I'd say in the last ten years or more (like other electricity companies I have known) they've taken a dive in quality, skills, and ethos of public service.

shame, bg are trying to drive pensioned engineers out at the moment and trying to go down a contractor route, although seems they are struggling to find many. Think the writing is on the wall for engineers who don't hard sell.

if your son wants to be like the Churchill nodding dog, learn absolutely nothing, be treated like shoite, have more toolbox talks than jobs and constantly be audited by asswipes that havent a clue then he will fit in there really well, as long as he can sell things that customers would never need , if he thinks BG are bad for miss selling wait till he starts with SSE

Lol sounds like they are on identical business models, no great surprise really. Bg have gone from decent to bloody awful though, I feel really bad about getting him in there.

Last I heard, the apprenticeship scheme was good, especially in generation, transmission and distribution. They do some serious engineering once you get distant from the poor domestic consumer.

Alistair Phillips-Davies, the boss, seems to be a very decent fellow. Some of the others aren't much good.

On a totally unrelated issue, I was pleased to see that Provident Financial, the door to door lending sharks, have got into deep financial trouble since going to a call-centre operation and losing most of the local agents.

Provident Financial Services Plc, Share Price

chart

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back