Apar switchgear

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone used Apar (appears Polish) switchgear. I just purchased a garage CU off Ebay: 40A 30mA RCD, 6A and 16A MCBs for £18. Thought it worth a punt. Enclosure was not brilliant but the RCD tested fine. 9mS @ 5X and 19mS @ rated 30mA. So seems OK. I will test the RCD after a few weeks and perhaps accidentally plug the kettle into the 6A MCB just to check.

Sponsored Links
You can buy decent branded gear for not much more than that.

As I said, just worth a punt. Apar have a website but in polish. I will keep testing and using and post results if it fails.

Sponsored Links
Good point BAS but how? Have I missed the introduction of a new piece of test gear? As I said, a controlled overload could be used on a 6A MCB but I would not like to try it on a 32A.

And following up on the other replies, If no one tried these unknown manufacturers there would be no new manufacturers, and I did take the precaution of bench testing the RCD prior to installation. With most of the known makes probably supplied from China, who knows if the quality is the same.

With most of the known makes probably supplied from China, who knows if the quality is the same.
Indeed.

RecallAdvertWeb.jpg

Lost me there bas.

What has an Electrium recall, which is 3 years old, to do with Apar ?

There sub contract manufacturing locations where quality control procedures are poor / ignored / non existant or corrupt. When using some sub contractor manufacturers there is a need to have a buyer's quality control person make un-announced inspection visits. Such visits cannot happen in some places.

First batch is made to a good quality and the buyer is happy and enters a contract for repeated deliveries, quality drops but results of the manufacturer's batch testing are good so the buyer doesn't bother with testing. ( OK buyer beware ) The results are fiddled, items from the first batch are put aside for use in testing of later batches.

Where will it end???

I've heard a camels toe has been discovered in a pair of Primark leggings!!

Walking through Tesco earlier, I thought to myself that I'm so hungry I could eat a horse.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back