Apollo Fanfare 15/30 making banging noise.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

i have an apollo fanfare 15/30 which is making has been making aloud banging noise all through the day. last year in feb i had the gas valve, fan and thermocouple changed. I was told not much else could go wrong. any ideas please?

also I was looking to replace the boiler in the summer, when i could do without heat and hot water for a few days. can anyone recommend any good replacment boilers or installers in the northamptonshire area? i have a 2up, 2 down house with 5 radiators.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Is it a constant noise or just occasional throughout the day

If a fanfare is making noises its usually a choice of 3 things

1 boiler stat allowing system to get hotter than it should but this would normally make the overheat stat trip and drop the pilot out.
2. pump on too low a speed(or stopping) , boiler is low water content so pump should be on 3
3. there is a pump over run stat on an appollo that also controls the pump in normal operation these stick and can cause the pump not to start up till heat is sensed within the boiler casing which results in about 15 seconds of banging when C/H or H/W stats demand heat.

yesterday it was a constant banging noise and the pilot would go out.

today the pilot will not even turn on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back