appealing planning refusal

The planned extension has been rejected by email, so not formal at moment

That's pretty normal and you should view it as an invitation to talk to them to modify the proposal - if you're willing to compromise to address their concerns. It might be that you don't have enough wiggle room in the space available to do much to appease them though.

I've just been through this myself. Don't be put off by the officiously worded email... It's all they can do and there's probably a reasonable person at the end of the phone, even if she's not saying what you want to hear.

Sponsored Links
If you believe that the rear extension alone is within PD, cant you bring your garage further forward along the side of the house, so the two aren't linked creating two bits of PD.

I think any out building has to be 2m away from the main building. So no i can't build an extension and then build a garage alongside it.

Hopefully my plan of extension under PDR and a shed at the bottom of the garden will be acceptable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back