appliance core colours

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
had a phone call from a customer today who has recently had some pat testing done in his factory on a few of there machines.

now, the 'pat man' has failed the items due to the fact that the flex cores used are green and yellow and a pair of numbered blacks.

obviously the simple answer would be to sheath with the appropriate colour but is there actually a reg that requires portable appliance flex to be colour coded?

Sponsored Links
I doubt it.

The thing to do would be to ask pat man - he's failed the items so he must know which regulation is being contravened, as failing items when you don't know why would indicate incompetence and lead to lack of payment.

I don't see anything wrong with a pair of numbered blacks, is quite common on control circuits in machinery.
I wouldn't be happy with a green/yellow being used as anything other than a CPC tho.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back