appliance isolaters

What have I taken out of context?

You asked why someone thought that isolation as defined in BS7671 applied to domestic electrical installations, and I pointed out that BS7671 applies to domestic electrical installations, and highlighted the relevant parts of its scope.

taking a post from a different thread and posting it here - tut tut.

It does indicate your overall thinking though - namely taken a Reg for one thing and erroneously applying it to another thing just to prove to yourself that you are right. :rolleyes: such desperation....

Sponsored Links
that's a question, not a statement and the question was directed to BAS. He has attempted to use a question asked of him as a statement of fact by me.

He didn't answer the question by the way :D

What have I taken out of context?

You asked why someone thought that isolation as defined in BS7671 applied to domestic electrical installations, and I pointed out that BS7671 applies to domestic electrical installations, and highlighted the relevant parts of its scope.

taking a post from a different thread and posting it here - tut tut.
That's not out of context at all. Yes, it was from a different thread, but it is utterly relevant to this.

You asked that question, and I provided an answer to it.

Was the answer wrong? Does BS7671 not apply to domestic electrical installations? Is there something in 110-01 or 110-02 that I've missed where it says that sometimes they apply, and sometimes they don't? Or is there a list somewhere of the regulations which do apply, and which don't?

It does indicate your overall thinking though - namely taken a Reg for one thing and erroneously applying it to another thing just to prove to yourself that you are right. :rolleyes: such desperation....
I wouldn't dream of doing such a thing, not when there are people here who are far more determined to do that than I, and far more desperate to prove that they are right...

Sponsored Links
that's a question, not a statement and the question was directed to BAS. He has attempted to use a question asked of him as a statement of fact by me.
What question asked of me have I attempted to use as a statement of fact by you?

Was it a question you asked, or one that someone else asked?

Could you please quote the text of the question, and the text of what you claim was that attempt by me so that we can all work out what the hell you are on about?

He didn't answer the question by the way :D
What question asked of me have I not answered?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back