Appliance testing - none of you would do this would you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yawn.gif

Sponsored Links
and since then you have repeatedly refused to accept that when I suggested virtualising so as to be able to move VMs around I was naturally suggesting virtualising in a way which would result in an infrastructure with the capability to move VMs around.
Yes, I've refused to accept what is (considering the context of the thread) an absurd assumption.
And context does not mean the context of your post in isolation, it means the thread as a whole, and the posts relating to the one you made. Just redefining context to mean just your post in isolation doesn't make you right.

Yes, I've refused to accept what is (considering the context of the thread) an absurd assumption.
Are you being deliberately obtuse again?

The context of the thread (if by that you mean the original post) was that of an unplanned power down of a server, not a planned one, and I did not (obviously) suggest pre-emptive live VM migration as a technique to deal with the problems of unplanned loss of power to servers. It's dead VM migration you need for that.

As I quoted Eric's observation about being able to find opportunities to carry out planned shutdown of servers, then that really was, to anybody who isn't stupid, the context in which I said what I did about virtualisation.

And context does not mean the context of your post in isolation, it means the thread as a whole, and the posts relating to the one you made. Just redefining context to mean just your post in isolation doesn't make you right.
I am not redefining anything.

I suggested a particular way of dealing with the problem which Eric wrote about. You would have to be either stupid or malicious to criticise me for replying to a specific post.

But it is largely irrelevant anyway - I don't think you have once complained that I should not have mentioned virtualisation because of its limited use when someone chops the power to a server - all you've done, over and over and over again is to insult me and criticise me and lie about me just because you refuse to accept that when I said that virtualisation can provide the ability to migrate live VMs I was assuming virtualisation done in a way which would support live VM migration.

And I am going to come back to this, and I will keep coming back to it, because your hypocrisy is not just breathtaking, it is disgusting:

Get a number of elements, of a lower wattage than a normal kettle.
Thermostat that can have it's sensor positioned over the contents so it will be triggered by the steam when boiling.
Relay
Momentary button to set it off.
You made assumptions in that, about the way in which it would be done. You assumed the correct use of the appropriate components needed to deliver a working solution.
You assumed that whoever was implementing it would know about the things you did not mention at all, such as warning devices, fail-safe designs.

You made assumptions just like I did.

Sponsored Links
This has gone well off topic & I'm sure I'm not the only one who is well and truly bored with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back