Appliances in bathrooms

Personally I'd IR test any electrician who was that much of a jobsworth! :LOL:
And give him the hobnobs, but only after I'd licked them!

And no, i don't mean to offend, just thought it was funny!

Sponsored Links
But the electrician wouldnt mind doing it.
The problem will be the Miele/Hotpoint/Zanuuuusssssiiiiii mechanic

Gentlemen your forget, how many times have you done " a little favor" and it went wrong? (for what ever reason)

HP engineers are told if you cant unplug it ypou dont touch it, because you have to ir test before and after you work on a wm. The figures you obtain have to be written down, now they probably have palmtops.

also how may times have you seen fcus and similar wired the wrong way round?

yes it could be perceived as jobsworth, but its really lifesworth, and wo betide any one who f up

hp cutomers were renoun for complainig "it wasnt my fault the lino got ripped" was a popular one, so much so HP issued wobble boards* to put under the mc before you pulled it out

*they looked like a Rolf Harris wobble board but were designed to stop floor damage listen

no its not Rolf singing but you can here a wobble board being played

Sponsored Links
Whilst it was more for the humour value, in jest there's truth, but you do have a point.

I wouldn't mind messing with it connected to a spur as long as I knew the spur was in right, and that the circuit was correctly sized and earthing arrangements were adequate blah blah blah, and before you know it you want to see the last periodic before you touch their washing machine. If the guy who owned it thought he was a bit handy and snipped of the plug because it was untidy and wired it to an FCU whilst looking at a poorly drawn diagram (not off here) he found on the internet, nobody wants to touch it!

At least your method of unplugging it just dispenses with all external factors and allows you to diagnose the WM itself!

Joke retracted!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back