Apprentice question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All So I had an issue with the boiler and called my usual plumber who sorted the problem, whilst I am waiting for the bill I realised he had an apprentice with him. Will I be billed for his time or just the plumber.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
. You will pay what ever the invoice is.

His invoice will include His:
Van & tools
His fuel
His liabilty insurance
Accountant
Office staff if he has any.
Any materials used.
I'd guess he has to pay the apprentice as well

When I were a lad, although I wasn't apprenticed to him, I used to accompany my plumber father on some jobs. Generally the jobs were done more quickly as I would be fetching and carrying from the van, turning the water on and off, draining down, helping clear away afterwards etc, etc. And 2 men x 1 hour, works out the same as 1 man x 2 hours...… Although, come to think of it now, I don't remember him actually paying me anything..... :unsure:

Sponsored Links
The bill is the bill, he will factor in everything he needs to pay for to support his business. He shouldn't bill you for his apprentices time directly, or as an addition to the price of the job, rather he will pay wages out of his price for the job, if you see what I mean.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back