appropriate sander

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can't find an answer to this question anywhere!

I want to sand 2 parquet floors - one has been covered by a carpet, is in relatively good condition but with a stained area, and the other is a worn-out hallway floor.

What type of sander do i need? I have seen that belt sanders are fine to use with parquet when the grain goes the same way, but mine is a herringbone design so this isn't the case.

I have seen the 'Trio' orbital sander. Some sites say it's the best thing for all parquet but most say it's just a finshing sander and I definately need something more heavy-duty.

Please help! Any advise very welcome.

Emma

Sponsored Links
In your case (revamping an existing floor which is pretty level) a trio sander will work fine.
Even with new parquet floors where there are not too much high differences between the blocks a trio sander is a great tool.

you star, thank you so much!

Do you (or anyone else reading this!) have any preference on varnish? I want a high-gloss glassy finish. Some of my friends have said that retail Ronseal floor varnish is fine for the job but some websites say that you need the trade stuff to get a decent finish.

I would rather not spend the extra if I don't have to, but on the other hand I do want a good finish.

Thanks so much

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back