Approximate costs involved?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am hoping that someone can tell me roughly how muchi can expect to pay to have a shower wired? There is no shower there at the moment so it would be a total installment. All plumbing work would be carried out before hand.

Thanks.

please note forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
If the plumber has to make a copper / plastic water feed route I would suggest that you arrange for some of the cable route work to be done in tandem.

This will help avoid floors being opened and closed x 2 contractors / 2 visits.

Cost will vary, cable size is calculated via shower Kw requirements. Then there's the cable route between shower unit and the main fuse board / CU.

Then there's the addition of a fuse / RCBO if board isn't split with a RCD rail.

Consider 1 days work and about £100 of materials subject to cable distance, Kw requirements of shower unit, fuse addition at CU.

As always, without seeing no one here can be precise on cost.

If the existing electrical system is not to current spec you could add ££££'s to the cost due to bonding and general upgrade to current spec issues.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back