'Aquacleansed' Neff Oven...now trips RCD!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I followed the instructions to clean the oven yesterday by carefully pouring water in the base of the oven and selecting the aquacleanse function...After cleaning it, the RCD kept tripping everytime I put the oven on.

I've left the door open overnight and have just tested it again-I can get the oven to stay on if the temperature control is under 50 degrees, but once on 50 then the RCD trips off again.

I'm assuming something, somewhere is damp but don't know what to do now. Please help! Baby due in 3 days! :)

Sponsored Links
It sounds like the element insulation is breaking down after a certain temp., but it could be other things also, without a megger there is no way of knowing for sure. I'm afraid you may have to call someone in. You might try leaving it for another couple of days in case steam has got in somewhere else & may dry out , but I think it unlikely as you say it goes up to 50degrees ok.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I called someone out and it was the fan element as well as the one in the bottom for cleaning (which he disconnected rather than replacing).

All fine now. Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back