Aqualisa Digital Quartz - Electrical Connection

But the instructions to use 3 amp as if it is to protect the appliance when 13 amp would do.
No it wouldn't. The manufacturer has considered the I²t of a 3A fuse and has designed his product to withstand that energy. He has no need to design his product to withstand more than is considered in his installation instructions.

Sponsored Links
Are you saying they deliberately manufacture inferior/weaker products especially for Britain?

Eu não sei - but as winston keeps saying, Europe doesn't have fused plugs nor FCUs so they will be on a 10A or 16A circuit.

Sponsored Links
No it wouldn't. The manufacturer has considered the I²t of a 3A fuse and has designed his product to withstand that energy. He has no need to design his product to withstand more than is considered in his installation instructions.

Rubbish. The product is designed to work in all EU countries.

http://www.solerpalau.pt/docs/manual/decor_100_night_288047012_pt_fid2491.pdf

upload_2017-2-1_13-31-0.png

Is it? Does it achieve the same standard of safety and dependability in all those countries?
Particularly given the thermal fuses which seem to exist in the motors of at least the more reputable of these products (which nevertheless call for a 3A FCU in the UK), I suspect that there have probably been extremely few, if any, safety-related 'incidents' with these extractor fans in any country. It therefore could well be that the answer to your question is essentially 'Yes' - i.e. that the products "achieve the same standard of safety (i.e. near-zero 'incidents')" in all countries.

Kind Regards, John

Ah, interesting. I can't see a mention of a fuse but - so, similar unnecessary requirements for UK. http://www.solerpalau.com/decor-100.html
Indeed, but that same requirement for an 'all-pole' isolator in the fixed wiring seems to be translated identically into all the other languages, e.g. ...

Además del interruptor mostrado en el plano de instalación/diagrama, debe haber un interruptor omnipolar en el cableado fijo con una abertura entre contactos de 3mm como mínimo. 3-pole ('omnipolar')

En plus de l’interrupteur indiqué sur les schémas de raccordement, l’installation électrique fixe doit intégrer un interrupteur omnipolar ayant une ouverture entre contacts d’au moins 3 mm.

Die Ventilatoren der Serie Decor verfügen über die Schultzklasse II (doppelte elektrische Isolierung) weshalb es nicht notwendig ist, die Geräte zu erden. Bei der Installation ist ein Trennschalter (siehe Anschlussbild) miteiner Trennstrecke von mind. 3 mm pro Pol vorzusehen (allpoliger Schutz).

... so the same ('unnecessary') requirement in all countries - although, unusually, seemingly no requirement for 'fusing down' in any country.

Kind Regards, John

Particularly given the thermal fuses which seem to exist in the motors of at least the more reputable of these products (which nevertheless call for a 3A FCU in the UK), I suspect that there have probably been extremely few, if any, safety-related 'incidents' with these extractor fans in any country. It therefore could well be that the answer to your question is essentially 'Yes' - i.e. that the products "achieve the same standard of safety (i.e. near-zero 'incidents')" in all countries.

Kind Regards, John
That's a partial answer, with which I agree, but what about the dependability? We don't know the repeated breaking capacity of the thermal fuse (if resettable).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back