power shower

16 Jun 2004
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi does anyone know what the current iee regs require when wiring in a power shower rated at 3 amps for the fused spur connection do i need a rcd trip or can i use an ordinary switched fused connection unit.

Many thanks for pending replys.
Sponsored Links
Personally, I would use an rcd.

What does the MFR recommend?
If there is already a RCD at the consumer unit protecting the circuit the fcu is attached to, then you do not need another one.

Otherwise, it depends partly where the power shower and FCU are located. If they are not in the bathroom (or are behind a panel which needs a tool to remove it), then there are no special requirements.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links