Digital shower spur

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

We are in the process of installing a digital shower. It will need a 3 amp switched fused spur to run from. The smart valve and the switched spur will both be in the loft.

We currently have an electric shower. The wiring for that runs into the loft, then into a ceiling switch, then down into the shower itself.

Would I be able to take the cable which goes into the ceiling switch and run it into the switched fused spur? Is this a job I can do myself or do I need an electrician?

David

Sponsored Links
Electrically yes. Practically the cable may be too thick to fit in the FCU terminals. Sensibly put the FCU somewhere you can get to easily which is not a loft.

If you are competent you can do any electrical work.

What size cable should I use for a 3 amp spur? If the cable running to the existing shower ceiling switch is not the right size what should I do?

Sponsored Links
What size cable should I use for a 3 amp spur? If the cable running to the existing shower ceiling switch is not the right size what should I do?
I guess you mean the cabl;e that runs from the (3amp) fused connection unit to the digital shower thingy? If so, 1mm² will be plenty big enough.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back