AquaLisa Quartz showers not hot enough

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bit of background first. I attended a Powermax 140 boiler yesterday producing only warmish water and fixed it with a new blender valve. I set the new valve to deliver hot water at 52 degrees C.

On testing the two Aqualisa Quartz showers my customer found they still didn't run as hot as they used to long ago when first installed, and before the boiler fault developed. They are out of warranty.

Some testing reveals that although the boiler is delivering water at 52 degrees C to the mixers, but both mixers are only able to supply mixed water to the shower heads at 41 degrees C when set to max temp on the shower control. Is this normal behaviour? Both showers are refusing to go higher than 41 degrees C despite them having hot water supplied at 52 degrees C. Customer says the shower temp used to go higher than this, and would like to have a really hot shower above 41 degrees C once again.

Is this a fault or normal behaviour please? Can the max temp be adjusted inside the box?

Aqualisa customer helpline is permanently engaged!

Many thanks,
Mike

Sponsored Links
Answer I got from Aqualisa with a similar problem is the shower mixer will always mix even if priority is given to the hot supply, so you'll never get the boiler delivery temperature -it'll always be lower. Anyhoo, isn't 52 C from boiler a bit low?

I have a quartz shower. I have never tested the temperature but it certainly gets hot. I do have to push up the temp on the boiler in cold weather though. One problem it does have is that it takes ages for it to reach the required setting (flashes on and off).

Thanks for the replies!

52 degrees is considered a considered safe max temp for a hot water supply IIRC.

Does anyone know if these Quartz Digital mixers are capable of delivering 100% hot only, or do they always mix in a proportion of cold?

Thanks,
Mike

Sponsored Links
Excellent, thanks Jasper!

Reading your link, step 19 in the installation procedure says max temp is factory set to 45 degrees C, and how to adjust this. I'll adjust these showers up a bit and see what difference it makes, if any.

Cheers, Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back