Arc activated welding headshields

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Brilliant though these things are, my own helmet is adjustable between DIN 9 and DIN 13.
However, I find this still rather dim for normal MIG and Arc welder use.
Has anyone any owner comments about these things?
John :)

Sponsored Links
There more for fitter/welders in a workshop environment or manufacturing facility.
I have two lying in a heap in the corner as they went faulty. I just use a cheap handheld shield on site. On site it would end up either stolen or trampled on in any case.
Speedglas make the best afaik.

Maybe they aren't all that they are cracked up to be.....I'll start by putting new plain lenses in first!

I've got a speedglas helmet, and it's revolutionised my welding. It really is well worth the money.

I'm not sure how dark it goes, but I can have a look if you like. I know it's adjustable for speed, darkness and trigger brightness.

I use mine with a 120A arc welder.

Sponsored Links
Mine's a Welders Wharehouse Speed Shield, and its adustable for arc (9 to 13 DIN), response speed and ambient light changeover.
Its a fab bit of kit, and just a bit too dark when using around 90 amps with the stick welder.
If I could sort that, it would be truly brilliant.

Mine ranges from 9 - 13 for darkness but doesn't say what the scale refers to. I guess it will be the same as yours though.

I don't think I could ever go back to an old style welding mask now I've got used to my speedglas one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back