Architect quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in need of advice: Planning a 2 storey extensions to the side of my 1930s detached house. Rang an architect today and was quoted £450 for drawings, £130 planning permission and £150 building regulation. Are these right? If anyone from birmingham knows any good architect, wouldn't mind a recommendation. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Well the last prices are fixed...I assume..phone council. So you are paying £450 for drawings, (I would also assume the drawings will meet all requirements) for the council.

If the drawing quote is for both planning and b/regs, then its a very good price.

But ask if there are any extra charges to do amendments, and fees for and structural calculations.

The fee for b/regs is wrong. For Birmingham the b/regs plan checking will be £130, and then the site inspection fee will be about another £400-£500 for that size extension depending on floor area

Also some designers do plans cheap beacuse they do them quick and with very little detail. They will be OK for planning and b/regs, but when the builders try and build from them, they will be scratching their heads - and things may not fit as drawn

Realistically for a two-storey, you are looking at between £700 and £1000, for drawing only - depending on complexity. Plus structural calculations, plus statutory fees.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back