Architrave with corner blocks - doors flush against wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, could I ask for your opinion please? I have a period property, and I'd like to fit my architrave with corner blocks and plinths. However, our dining room has two doors, both with their door jambs pretty much against the next wall (please see the attached photo).

I've seen this problem before overcome with typical ogee or taurus architrave butted up to the other wall, which is what the previous owner had done (removed due to an over use of gloss!) but how can I get around this with corner blocks?

I did think about cutting the corner block down as if it's 'buried', but it won't look symmetrical. Though, both doors have the same issue here so perhaps that will look okay in the end. My other thought would be to have some more elaborate crowns (if that's the right word?) for these doors, but my preference would be to use the corner blocks.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_5463.JPG
    IMG_5463.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 570
Sponsored Links
Why not scan & post a sketch of one or two options that you think would look presentable?

AAMOI: panelling on an outside (RH) wall could be subject to fungal infection.

Thanks for your reply. I've attached a pretty poor drawing, hope that makes sense!

Appreciate your input on the panelling too - thank you - it was an outside wall, but there's an extension there now so I was hoping it wouldn't be an issue.

Attachments

• Dining-Room-Architrave.jpg
    Dining-Room-Architrave.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 605

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back