Are all SCARTs the same?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm in the process of converting films from my Camcorder/VCR to DVD via my PC.

I have the relevant PC software package and can download my Hi8 films from a camcorder to the PC by using the camera yellow/white/red outputs to a USB adapter.

My problem is when I try to capture movies from the VCR. I am using a SCART adapter which has the yellow/white/red outputs, but there is no video/audio being detected by my PC.

Are all SCARTs the same? Continuity of the SCART pins to the o/p sockets are good so wondering if I need to use a specific SCART adapter?

Any advice would be welcome.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Maybe an input scart rather than output. Some have a switch to control the direction .

Or you could use one hard wired for both in and out

http://www.telly-leads.co.uk/scartphono.htm

Scart to scart you should find all pins connected.

Scart to phono are usually only part wired to give either phono input or output. For both use one as the link (6 phono version), or as the post above, a switched one to change the connections from in to out. I am not so keen on the switch version so I use the 6 lead one.

For your interest even those leads don't cover all the scart connections as they use the composite video pins in the scart. There are other leads that make use of the RGB pins, but from your post I would not expect you would ever use them.

Sponsored Links
Back