Are stramit boards load bearing

Sponsored Links
What might the reason be, basically Iv just removed a downstairs wall which was about 100cm wide,

You` ve got a rare Sussex house there - I`ve only seen them in 1 area in 1 town ;) The cement bound ones may have a degree of strength - say to take the bounce out of a floor above - I can`t imagine them being load bearing :confused: Maybe someone with more experience of strammit will be along

Sponsored Links
Strawboards can be light load bearing (Stramit is a particular brand of strawboard).

Typically not used structurally in a building, in walls they are normally between studs or other framing.

There is also woodwool, which kinda looks like strawboard, also sometimes used structurally, mostly in non accessable roofs.

I doubt any of these would be used to make a load bearing wall, but then people have made load bearing walls out of plastic bottles in the past, so anythying is possible.

You` ve got a rare Sussex house there - I`ve only seen them in 1 area in 1 town ;) The cement bound ones may have a degree of strength - say to take the bounce out of a floor above - I can`t imagine them being load bearing :confused: Maybe someone with more experience of strammit will be along

and which 1 is that.?

and which 1 is that.?
The 1 with "1 metre wide walls"?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back