Are the banks on the brink of collapse??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well, if the Mayans have got it wrong and life goes on after the 21st December, I'm not sure our banking system will....
Why?! I hear you cry!

I've just been sent a new debit card to replace the one that is due to expire at the end of February 2012.

The new one has valid from 1/12, expires end 12/12.....

Isn't that just a bit strange, a new card that lasts just a year? :eek:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
If memory serves me correctly, the banks collapsed about three years ago, though it seems with the bonuses they are giving each other you would never believe it. :evil:

July 11 till July 14 on mine.
Waste of time really as money won't last that long! :evil:

yep 3 years on my card that just happens to expire in 2 years 3 days after my 60th birthday

my cards never used to last more than a few months in my wallet
my simple solution save the failing card to give support to the new card has worked now for several years

Well, if the Mayans have got it wrong and life goes on after the 21st December, I'm not sure our banking system will....
Why?! I hear you cry!

I've just been sent a new debit card to replace the one that is due to expire at the end of February 2012.

The new one has valid from 1/12, expires end 12/12.....

Isn't that just a bit strange, a new card that lasts just a year? :eek:
Not necessarily - if it's anything to do with Lloyds, them I'm aware (bloke I know runs one of the IT departments) of a whole load of jiggery pokery from mergers involving external and internal departments which has created some curious validity dates on new cards, since new cards will have to be reissued after the swap-over has taken place in a few months time.

Could be a similar thing going on with your bank.

English branches of RBS and their domestic accounts have been sold and will be transferred to Santandar this year, so that may explain short dated new issue cards.

Branches of Nat West and their domestic accounts in Scotland are all being transferred to RBS(Scotland) this year too.

Sponsored Links
Back