Are these the emperor's new clothes - thermodynamic panels

Sponsored Links
is there not a metal plate or sticker with lots off numbers on it
do you know what the system you have installed is called
as in manufacturer and system type

air sourced seem to be about 3 to 1 ratio or for every 3kw off energy saved 1kw is used

just a little extra bit of info

I have never known the compressor to run longer than 15 mins at a time it is like a fridge/freezer and cuts out and then cuts back in 20-30 mins later.

The unit is also in my Bedroom as that was the best position for it, I cannot get to sleep with it running but if I go to sleep when it is not running then it does not wake me up. My wife can go to sleep with it on. :unsure:

Scotsplum :)

Sponsored Links
Cylinder size not known but unit stands 1.6 metre tall and is 600 wide and deep it will fill a 1700 bath to the top with scalding hot water

Once a week the unit will take the temperature to above 62 to kill any bacteria build up.

they say save up to 70% so at best you get your water at the same price gas will supply it at

off course up to can be anywhere between o.o1% to 70%

70 % is what I was told but installation position has increased that because I did have a Combi giving me Hot water until the Unit was fitted.

I was spending something like 1-2 pounds per week on Gas to supply my hot water now I find I spend 10 - 15 p per week.

I do think though when it is out of guarantee is when it could work out expensive to service because of finding someone to do it.

there is something wrong here

you have changed from a system garenteed to give you a 70% saving over electric [the gas boiler]
to a system at best will give you a 70% saving and you are saving money ??

the system has done no more than maintain the status quo so somthing else has changed to give you any savings like low energy bulbs

what else changed around the same time??

Scotsplumb

I would be very interested to find out your supplier as I would like to get prices for installation of a similar system .

Not sure if this is allowed on a forum, sorry I am a newbie

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back