Are these the oldest rcbos?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Found some of these while doing a PIR. Does anyone know if they are the oldest rcbos? They seem to have been fitted in the early 70s.and take up two and a half ways in the board. The only ones I can think of that are near that old are the square d qo ones.

Sponsored Links
Sorry about the picture quality. It's from my old phone (which I had to charge especially)

Hows about a crabtree C50 RCBO?

Image169.jpg

:D

I hated the terminals on those things :evil:
and you had to fit your own neutral flylead if i'm not mistaken.

Found some of these while doing a PIR. Does anyone know if they are the oldest rcbos? They seem to have been fitted in the early 70s.and take up two and a half ways in the board. The only ones I can think of that are near that old are the square d qo ones.

And you will find there Double pole also.

Sponsored Links
I haven't got a picture, But I've removed some federal stablock RCBOs (of the older black bakelite type that look similar to the C50 range)

we still have a few C50s at work.

they all still check out fine, even if a few do trip a bit prematurely for overload at times, they are in use for the stage lighting.

a bit OT, but is there a direct replacement for them, or would it be a new distro?

Soon after though the Vigi became all one unit two module size, still known as a C45 before being replaced by the C60.
Used extensively in petrol stations due to the D/Pole

we still have a few C50s at work.

they all still check out fine, even if a few do trip a bit prematurely for overload at times, they are in use for the stage lighting.

a bit OT, but is there a direct replacement for them, or would it be a new distro?
You can still get the mcb's new, not sure about the rcd's

are they Merlin Gerins?

we have tons and tons of them at work and still fit the newer versions now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back