Are they trying to scare us all again - What is this mutated new virus?

T

teaboyjim

They're starting to talk about this fast spreading new mutant virus

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
are there any men of science on the forums
Not enough evidence to say either way.
Are there lots of mutant virus strains
Yes, so far they're pretty small variations. I don't know enough to say how many 'strains' there are but there's thousands of tiny variations that have been identified.

This article has a lot of good info.
and will this one definitely be stopped by the vaccines or is there a chance that it won't?
Definitely? No, no one will know that at the moment. But it's highly likely it will, as I mentioned the mutations so far have been very small and the Covid-19 virus seems to be mutating slower than the cold virus does.

So would it be fair and accurate to say then that this "new mutated virus" is no different and no more bothersome or worrisome than any of the other mutations and the only reason it's getting mention is because it transfers probably a bit quicker? So we shouldn't be any more worried that it will need a separate and new vaccine which would mean another year like 2020
It's possible it is a new major change and we're all doomed!

But we'd need a lot more scientific information for that to have any credibility. Matt Hancock saying 'maybe' doesn't mean much at all and smacks of excuses.

Sponsored Links
It's possible it is a new major change and we're all doomed! But we'd need a lot more scientific information for that to have any credibility. Matt Hancock saying 'maybe' doesn't mean much at all and smacks of excuses.
Headlines screaming "mutant virus" cause people to be worried

I'll confess up! When I saw the news and they started talking about a "mutant virus" I started to get worried.
Not just you. I prefer that if a mutant more-deadly strain of Covid has to kill us all, I much prefer it to be Mink-Covid.

Not just you. I prefer that if a mutant more-deadly strain of Covid has to kill us all, I much prefer it to be Mink-Covid.
Is the Mik-Covid just something that effects animals only?

‘it’s’ been around over a year, meaning the majority of us will either had it or had sufficient exposure to it.
surely they should be antibody testing everyone instead of covid testing everyone to maximise hysteria and peddle unnecessary vaccines.

Is the Mik-Covid just something that effects animals and how did it go from humans to Mink did it just jump across in the same way that Human Covid jumped from bats to humans.

From what I heard on the radio when the story broke, some mink farmers gave the lurgy to the mink, where it mutated and infected some or other mink farmers, making them ill.

From what I heard on the radio when the story broke, some mink farmers gave the lurgy to the mink, where it mutated and infected some or other mink farmers, making them ill.
Seems like passed from humans to mink and then back again

‘it’s’ been around over a year, meaning the majority of us will either had it or had sufficient exposure to it.
surely they should be antibody testing everyone instead of covid testing everyone to maximise hysteria and peddle unnecessary vaccines.
If by 'most' you mean around 7%, then yes.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...inthecommunityinengland/november2020#overview

But if you think it's more than 7%, how many do you think have had Covid-19?

Sponsored Links
Back