are you happy?

Just been visiting the sister in law in the Macmillan ward at the local hospital.

Cant really say I'm happy today. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Sponsored Links
Kids, greatest gift in the world. Then they become teenagers. (sorry for using that vile word)

They then leave home and still want to borrow money they have no intention (we know that but still lend it) of paying back. But we still love them. :LOL:

It'll be 11½ years before I have to deal with a teenager and by then I'll be a grumpy old person. (I hope) :D

Sponsored Links
I don't think I can type anything helpful Blasph.

My thoughts are with you though.

There's nothing anyone can say that really helps in those situations.

I've lost people in the same way, I suppose many of us have. When the hurting isn't as raw (it never goes away), you look back on those times and it makes you appreciate what you've got.

Life is so very very short! Live it to the full!

out of work, on the sick, done a welding job today, 80 quid, not really happy, should i declare to the social?..... if i gave it my other half, she would appreciate it.???????

You cycle 75 miles a day 7 days a week and weigh 18 1/4 stone?

Is that medically and physically possible? I doubt the Olympic hopefuls don't train 7 days a week, over that mileage anyway, and at half the weight?

I did a bit of amateur cycling in my youth, competitive trackwork, 75 miles, 7 days a week, at a weight of 18 stone? No. My Eddy Merx 501 frame would collapse. Shortly after my heart.

I am very very happy, I am usually a bubbly person anyway.

I have my health, a great job which I love, have fantastic family,and great bunch of really close friends

I have had some misery in my life and this makes the good times seem so so much better and I appreciate them more

I am not a miserable person, however I am told by my family that I rarely smile. I accept that I do take a serious view of life ( I am a serial news watcher) When I look at what is going on in the world in the 21st centuary ( this age of enlightenment) I do have some concerns for the future. Not particularly for me, but for my children and grandchildren.
Therefore in this frame of mind,I have to conclude that anyone who believes in humanity or humanitarian issues, and is totally happy, must be mad.

I agree with snugib.
The future for the world is war, strife and famine on an un-precedented scale as natural resources run out and huge populations fight each other to the death over whats left.
How can anyone be happy?
Soon the huge tractors that cultivate the land will fall silent, then the food will stop rolling into the big cities.
There will be bloodshed!
What pray tell does living life too the full mean? It sounds like a selfish way to go through life imo.

If people were to realise that happiness does not come from material possesions/ownership of status symbols etc but from within one person to another then people would be more pleasant to each other. When people are pleasant to each other it generates more happiness and therefore less violence/war etc.
How much more cheery do you feel on a warm sunny day compared to a dank miserable wet one?

Sponsored Links
Back