argi

Go back to sleep Tim its all good clean stuff and not a rude word in sight. And in any case we do know each other well enough to have an adult conversation. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
doitall said:
Tony Agri are represented on the £orgi Council

Together with "Help the Aged" !!!

How about all the others or can't you remember them a full list if you please. You will find it on the £orgi website.

We are also represented at the ILG, and Argi's chairman also chairs the meetings, £orgi are also in that group

Would it not be better if all these ARGI reps gave a resume of the meetings they went to and a link to the formal minutes when they are eventually published so the the members can see whats going on. All of course under the specific heading of that meeting.

Unfortunately all the secrecy feeds Chris Hutt's speculation that there was some cloak and dagger going on when the old site was taken off. Luckily my own research enabled me to establish that it was totally unexpected and nothing to do with ARGI or Phil Cooper.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
Would it not be better if all these ARGI reps gave a resume of the meetings they went to and a link to the formal minutes when they are eventually published so the the members can see whats going on. All of course under the specific heading of that meeting.

Unfortunately all the secrecy feeds Chris Hutt's speculation that there was some cloak and dagger going on when the old site was taken off. Luckily my own research enabled me to establish that it was totally unexpected and nothing to do with ARGI or Phil Cooper.[b/]

Tony

I'm so glad to hear you were wrong Tony and have at last printed the truth.

What secrecy would that be then, all the minutes are/were on site for all to see, including the ILG etc etc, and as far as i will put my foot in it they will be in the archieves of the new site as and when we get the time.

Chris Hutt is a man after my own heart and will argue till the cows come home That doesn't mean he/me is always right or wrong. Sometimes there's a middle road and when the dust settles that the route to take.

Tim, thebaker, it might be a good time for you to read your own posts in this thread, together with a number of others that you have composed, and there seems to be a single theme running through them - Join ARGI for the good of all. Only YES men need apply.

You seem highly critical of anybody that dares to say anything contrary to what appears to be the policy within ARGI. I accept that these comments are your own personal ones.

The average RGI has no voice in CORGI but your comments always seem critical of anyone who voices their opinion on the direction they think ARGI should go. You are always quick to respond to any comments that XYZ is doing things, at their own expense, so everyone should be eternally grateful. So please explain in what way ARGI differs.

Sometimes there's a middle road and when the dust settles that the route to take.
If other peoples views are to be discounted by you, or anyone else, out of hand as too critical (or distasteful) of the route ARGI is taking then how do you consider this middle route will be discovered??

Alan, I have never discounted anyones point of view, critical or otherwise.

What really gets up my goat is throwing the rattle out of the pram and crying on GasNews every time we don't jump

The above comment was addressed to Tim only not you personally in any shape or form and yes I aplogise if I gave the impression it applied also to you or anyone else.

But AlanE you did take the quote from DIA's post, perhaps thinking it was Tim's, so DIA's response (at least the first part) was in order. I'm not sure who he's referring to in connection with Gas-news though. Les seems to have a policy of not allowing any debate about ARGI on the site so there's nothing there to see.

However I think AlanE's point in relation to Tim (the Baker) was well made and sums up my main problem with the current management of ARGI. They seem to be using Tim as some kind of attack dog, not the kind with a ferocious bite but the kind that will wear you down with a constant stream of repetitive and off-topic postings.

Thats a new policy Chris after the last episode.

I quote; if there's inhouse squabling on Argi I don't want to hear about it on GasNews.

And who can blame him :cool: Les is and always has been a supporter of Argi why should he be a nanny for the members as well.

chrishutt said:
However I think AlanE's point in relation to Tim (the Baker) was well made and sums up my main problem with the current management of ARGI. They seem to be using Tim as some kind of attack dog, not the kind with a ferocious bite but the kind that will wear you down with a constant stream of repetitive and off-topic postings.

Tim rachet jaws thebaker :LOL: is trying to get some sanity into the situation, he is not under any orders from Argi or the Committee.

Get real can you honestly imagine trying to keep him quite, because I can't :rolleyes: not that I would want too anyway.

doitall said:
Get real can you honestly imagine trying to keep him quite, because I can't :rolleyes: .
Well if you'd kept the old site going you could have left Tim on it while the rest of us sneaked off to the new one. Since he accounts for about 50% of the posts I don't expect he'd notice he was the only one left for a good few weeks.

now there's a thought :LOL: :LOL: shame we had nothing to do with the old site crashing.

doitall said:
Agile said:
Unfortunately all the secrecy feeds Chris Hutt's speculation that there was some cloak and dagger going on when the old site was taken off. Luckily my own research enabled me to establish that it was totally unexpected and nothing to do with ARGI or Phil Cooper.[b/]
Tony

I'm so glad to hear you were wrong Tony and have at last printed the truth.

I am not aware of any aspect where I was wrong.

Getting alerted to the ARGI site being suspended I set out to find out why from the Hosting firm and offered to pay to have it reinstated. I posted their reply on Gas-News where questions were being asked in order to set the record straight and stop the speculation that someone had taken it off on purpose.

Chris doesn't seem to read what I have told everyone about the site or if he does read it then he seems to pretend that he has not. If he does not believe the reply I posted on G-N then he could enquire of the Hosts himself.

Tony

Agile said:
Chris doesn't seem to read what I have told everyone about the site or if he does read it then he seems to pretend that he has not. If he does not believe the reply I posted on G-N then he could enquire of the Hosts himself.
Tony, I think I've already pointed out that whatever you or anyone else posted on Gas-news about ARGI has been deleted so I haven't seen it. I've only seen what you've posted here and I've made a comment about that already (previous page - 8 Sept, 3.24 pm) which you have not responded too.

My point was that the hosting firm would surely have advised the client (Phil or ARGI) well in advance that the plug would be pulled on Sept. 1st unless alternative arrangements were made for paying for the site. Don't you agree that this would have been the case?

In any case, one of the Committee let slip in a post many months ago that something would have to be done about the site by September due to the current hosting arrangement expiring. So clearly someone knew, even if some committee members were kept in thee dark.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back