Argos 60CM Glass Chimney Hood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought this item recently. The Product Catalogue number is here:

489/5778

It arrived in a box, but it has no brand name. It says UNBRANDED on the box.

I don't have an outside VENT and so I need to buy 2 X Carbon filters to be attached to the motor. I do not know which Carbon filters will fit the item.
I have contacted ARGOS and all they can tell me is to check the ARGOS SPARES page, but when I get there I am asked for a brand name and there is no option for UNBRANDED.
I have told Argos customer care team of my problem and they have answered telling me that the regret that they cannot help me further as they are not a technical department.

Has anyone got this item? Or does anyone know what carbon filters will fir it? It'd be a great help.

Sponsored Links
Well, the 14 days are up. I was aware that I'd need carbon filters and it does say in the catalogue that they can be bought seperately. I wasn't expecting that it would be this difficult to find out which size fits.
Besides we really like the item, and It's now installed above the cooker and looks quite well. It's just that it won't do any extracting until the filters are in. :(

Not fit for the purpose send it back you won't get the filters for it it's a Chinese make. Buy one with a name on it.

Sponsored Links
Not fit for the purpose send it back you won't get the filters for it it's a Chinese make. Buy one with a name on it.

Do you really think thats the case? I hope you're wrong. :( It is Chinese made alright but I don't mind that at all. If I had to send to China for the parts then so be it, I'd even do that. I just need to know what parts I'm looking for!

If you measure the filter tray, you may be able to buy filters. try a gooogle

Thats a good idea.

Argos emailed me today and said that they were the only place that the filters could be bought and that I'd have to phone them to place an order. They also said that they were out of stock and they can't give me a price by email.

You can buy some cut to fit carbon filters that can be used in generic cooker hoods, I dont know if yours could take them though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back