ARISTON A1435S washing machine bearing replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to replace the bearings and seal which requires removal of the cast iron cross piece. Does the pulley wheel have to be removed from the cross piece and bearing assy to enable removal or will it all come out in one?
At present with pulley in place can only move the assy away from the drum by approx 10mm and then jams solid. Tried removing the pulley wheel but having to apply so much force to remove the bolt am worried I will break the aluminium spokes that have to be wedged to stop the wheel turning

Sponsored Links
The bolt has loctite applied to it on assembly. Some heat will help with removal. (Blowtorch on bolt will melt the loctite enough to allow disassembly).

Pulley does have to come off to change cross piece.

Hi, I've just got one of these come in for the same fault, (bearings changing).
Looking at the cross member (spider unit), what size torx fitting is it to remove the 8 torx bolts??
My T30 seems a tad small, thus slipping when attempting to remove.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Used a TX40 to remove spider bolts - needed an impact driver on the first couple of bolts at the top of the machine but after that the rest came out with a socket ratchet and the TX40 in an adapter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back