Ariston Aco 27 MFFI Combi Boiler - Gas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When the CH is on after about an hour the boiler starts to make a vibrating noise and the boiler displays the error message S06 or 506 (not in the booklet). The noise doesn't cease until the boiler is switched off or the CH temperature adjustment knob is turned down - the problem reoccurs if the temperature knob is turned down. Boiler is 18mths old but the warranty has lapsed. Engineer has been called out twice and he has cleaned the boiler electrodes and replaced the ignition switch, to no avail. The vibrating noise can also be heard when the hot tap is running and the water is heating up - the noise however stops after about 5 seconds.

Have bled the radiators and the pressure gauge goes up to 2bars when the CH is on.

Any ideas before I call the engineer out again?

Sponsored Links
Sorry I don't have much experience of this boiler and your scenario here but I can tell you what I would be suspecting and inspecting based on what you have told me.

Heres the hunch.

Boiler gets to near max heat and then CH temp sensor has an intermittent temperature sensitive fault.

5 06 Would indicate that the Maximum Central Heating temperature is set to 6º instead of the 82º.

Co-incidentally E 06 indicates :- E 06 Heating flow temperature probe in open circuit.

Now unless anyone else has any more ideas theres a lot of sense in checking out that ch flow sensor if you ask me.

Apparently the return sensor is the same part so it might be worth swapping them about to see what happens

When the CH is on after about an hour the boiler starts to make a vibrating noise and the boiler displays the error message S06 or 506 (not in the booklet). The noise doesn't cease until the boiler is switched off or the CH temperature adjustment knob is turned down - the problem reoccurs if the temperature knob is turned down. Boiler is 18mths old but the warranty has lapsed. Engineer has been called out twice and he has cleaned the boiler electrodes and replaced the ignition switch, to no avail. The vibrating noise can also be heard when the hot tap is running and the water is heating up - the noise however stops after about 5 seconds.

Have bled the radiators and the pressure gauge goes up to 2bars when the CH is on.

I have the same issue 8 years later. The engineer has no clue how to fix it. Could you please let me know how you fix this issue? Coincidently it is the coldest period of the year. I am freezing! Please help. Thanks.

Sponsored Links

I have the same issue 8 years later. The engineer has no clue how to fix it. Could you please let me know how you fix this issue? Coincidently it is the coldest period of the year. I am freezing! Please help. Thanks.

Get a better engineer?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back