Ariston ASL70C tumbledryer problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My first post on this forum, so fingers crossed. I have an Ariston ASL70C condenser tumbledryer. Originally it had a no heat problem which I tracked down to a defective one-shot thermostat. It heats fine after replacement but after a few mins the empty water LED lights & the machine stops, however there is no water in the container. I cleaned & checked the heat exchanger, pump, hoses, & made sure the float wasn't stuck. I also checked the micro switch with a multimeter & this also seems to be functioning correctly. I then filled the pump recepticle with water to see if that pumped up to the container & it emptied fine. But when it comes to drying clothes no-go. It starts, cycles, heats but then shuts down with the empty tank LED on. What else could be the problem? Any input gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
poly float is sticking /or check the very small elastic band at the bottom of the pump its poss not pumping up the water fast enough.

Thanks for you kind reply. I initially considered a float issue but kind of ruled it out afterwards when I manually fill the sump to maximum, started the machine & it emptied fine. I could also observe the float switch arm moving down as the water was pumped up into the container & the float sank accordingly. Could this be an electronic problem perhaps?

remove the float as a temp measure and see what happens.

Sponsored Links
Thanks rocks1, I will give that a go. I guess the microswitch won't engage the pump without the float but it will rule out an electronic problem. Will post results later.

just a thought what happens when it stops after a few mins does it start up straight away when you press the start button.

No, unfortunately it doesn't start up again. The option controls do not seem to prompt any response once the empty tank LED comes on. I have to switch it off at the socket to cancel the LED & get a re-start. That's why I wondered if this is maybe an electronic issue rather than a mechanical one. It has me stumped. But thanks a whole bunch for taking the time to help me.

next time it happens remove the lid and push the drum slighty by hand if it starts up is a cap fault found next to the motor .

Will do rocks1. I have not checked for a capacitor fault since the motor seemed to be running ok on initial start-up. I'll certainly check that one out. Thanks again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back