Ariston Clas 38 HE Condensing Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Could I ask all you professionals out there what you think of the Ariston Clas 38 HE Condensing Combi Boiler?

Thanks!

Shan

Sponsored Links
Probably very few people have seen one tbh. Earlier ariston boilers were cheaply built and were not very reliable. They were often sold in sheds, notably Wickes, sometimes rebranded as a Wickes boiler. I like many others would not install one now because they've always been poor and I have no reason to think that has changed.

Probably very few people have seen one tbh. Earlier ariston boilers were cheaply built and were not very reliable. They were often sold in sheds, notably Wickes, sometimes rebranded as a Wickes boiler. I like many others would not install one now because they've always been poor and I have no reason to think that has changed.

Thank you- what about a Worcester Greenstar???

Sponsored Links
plenty of people like them..personally I'm not one of them. They're reliable enough, just not built very well for service/maintenance, and personally I think its alot of money for a ally heat exchanger...
Personally prefference would be Glow worm Ultracom or for a budget boiler the Biasi Advance HE is quite good value. Everyone has their own opinion though and rarely agree on this subject!

plenty of people like them..personally I'm not one of them. They're reliable enough, just not built very well for service/maintenance, and personally I think its alot of money for a ally heat exchanger...
Personally prefference would be Glow worm Ultracom or for a budget boiler the Biasi Advance HE is quite good value. Everyone has their own opinion though and rarely agree on this subject!

Thank you MickyG, really helpful getting an opinion from someone who knows about these things! A couple of people have mentioned Glow Worms, I'll look up some prices......! Out of interest, how much would it cost roughly in labour to replace a boiler????

Thank you MickyG, really helpful getting an opinion from someone who knows about these things! A couple of people have mentioned Glow Worms, I'll look up some prices......! Out of interest, how much would it cost roughly in labour to replace a boiler????
depends on work involved, and often its more work than you might imagine. So I can only advise you get a couple of people to give you a qoute. Many people will tell you different prices, and anything I tell you might end up being misleading.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back