New boiler question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI - We have just had a new Ariston clas he 30kw combi boiler fitted - apart from the engineer not showing us the operations of it (have now worked it out from the manual) he has left the filling loop for the c/h permanently connected - is this allowed now under current regs or with this type of boiler.
thank you all
davie

Sponsored Links
Regulations say fill loop should be removed. Very few are!

Has he filled in the Benchmark Certificate and notified Gas-Safe who in turn notify Building Control on your behalf and send you a Certificate by post? That can take about 7-10 days?

Tony

THE INSTALLATION CONTRACTOR FILLED IN THE BENCHMARK FORM AT THE BACK OF THE ARISTON MANUAL INCLUDING HIS GAS SAFE REGISTER NO. -WE HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY CERTIFICATES THROUGH THE POST AND THE BOILER WAS INSTALLED ON 29/6/2011. MAYBE THE LAW IS DIFFERENT IN SCOTLAND!!

It can take a few weeks for the paper work to come though Have you any idea how many jobs are notified every day? - more than just yours you know!! AND PLEASE DO NOT SHOUT!! :rolleyes:

pateince is a virtue! ;)

Sponsored Links
Sorry - i assume the shouting was me typing in caps - i apologise for this -i am not great on the old keyboard and find typing in one format easier but will keep practising. The reason i started the post as we appear to have been promised the earth at the sales stage - the job was done ok i think but the rubbish (old header tanks,fire surround, cardboard boxes,plastic pipes etc) was left in my front garden - the contract stated it would all be removed. We were promised we would have a 5 year guarantee on our boiler but it turned out to be 2 years - I have phoned the installer several times and his secretary promises he will call back to arrange a visit to explain how to work the new system but never does.
I read that the c/h loop should not be left connected (as the installers had done) and was really wondering if any of the other work was not to regs.
Just wondering should we get an independent check by a gas safe engineer before our years guarantee runs out.
sorry again for the shouting but we are not very street wise in this neck of the woods.
regards Davie

If you are concerned then you can always contact gassafe and ask them for a progress report and explain to them the situation. Could be they simply have a huge backlog. You have the installer's gassafe number, so you could check the validity of this for further peace of mind.

filling loops should not be left connected , how ever the majority are !

If u feel that this is un acceptable than why do u not disconnect it your self ?? it is something that u will need to access at some time or another u will than have to reconnect it , so on & so forth ! personally I would leave it as is !

Just to quietly add its been nearly 2 months now and no paperwork.
The gaswork notification is just another meaningless redtape measure from the previous decade. It is not enforced and looks to be on the way out. About half the installers don't bother with it because it is a waste of time and money, even if it is not a lot.

Hi Davie,

Ariston here.

The CLAS HE boiler should have a 5 Year guarantee, although, you will need to register the boiler with us to activate this.

Please either e-mail us your contact details at [email protected] or contact our service department on 0870 600 9888 and someone will be able to look into this for you.

Many thanks

Ariston Thermo

Hi all - thanks for your posts - my installer is giving me the run around now he has been paid. I will pay him a visit personally next time i am in the city.I have never used a filling loop before and as the boiler is in the loft i am wary of tinkering with it in case i flood the house. the gasafe installers no. is genuine so i think installation would have been done properly. Again thank you all.
Davie

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back