Ariston Clas HE 30 Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning Everyone,

I have a question for you please if you could help, as in the title I have an Ariston Clas HE 30 Condesing Boiler we have had it for around 7 years or so now.

We seem to have an issue with secondary heat exchangers in it as its on number 3 now, the last time the plumber cam to look at it he showed me how to remove it and clean it out with a pressure washer so all the little black bits came out, I re-fit it and bingo instant hot water again.

Well that was the plan until yesterday anyway, I took it out and cleaned it (black bits galore) put it back in and re-filled the boiler. To start with the hot water came out but then around 30 mins later no hot water :( and the boilers pressure was off the scale. I reset the boiler and all was well again but once again within 30 mins nothing again and sky high pressure.

Im really not sure what I have done this time is it possible that I have put the heat exchanger in the wrong way round ?? will take it out again this morning but just wanted to ask if anyone else had any other ideas.

Cheers,
Stan.

Sponsored Links
sounds like you have perforated the Plate heat exchanger, why are you constantly cleaning it ??? get a return magnetic filter fitted , your system is contaminated and you need a new plate heat exchanger now

Well its all working fine now, took it all apart again today and put it back together and its working fine all except the pressure relief valve which is leaking slightly, I have ordered one today but due to bank holiday weekend wont be here till wednesday, already have a MagnaClean fitted and I cleaned that today as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back