Ariston Clas HE Boiler Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I have a problem with my boiler for some unknown reason the 3amp plug fuse blew last night and all I had was a 13amp, I put it into the plug with the intention of getting more fuses today.

About 11 o'clock last night the power tripped and after some investigation today the internal fuse in the boiler had blown, all I could get today was 1.6 amp or 2.4 amp and I believe the fuse in the boilers is 2 amp (I have ordered some 2amp fuses but they wont arrive until tomorrow).
I have replaced the 13amp fuse in the plug with a 3amp one and then proceeded to replace the internal fuse in the boiler. After installing the fuse the boiler powers up for a few seconds then under any load just blows the internal fuse again.

Does anyone have any suggestions of anything I can try to get it up and running again as not having hot water is driving me mad :(.

Sponsored Links
One more question if you don't mind,

I have read that there is a strong possibility that it could be the pump that is blowing the fuse which does kind of make sense as the boiler comes on when a new fuse is in but blows when put under any load, is there a way of disconnecting the pump just to see if the boiler stays on when not under load.

Not sure that you will get the advice that you want on here as what you have already done is very dangerous, and you are lucky there was an internal fuse, never install any fuse with a higher rating than the specified one , it is rated at that for very good reasons

Sponsored Links
One more question if you don't mind,

I have read that there is a strong possibility that it could be the pump that is blowing the fuse which does kind of make sense as the boiler comes on when a new fuse is in but blows when put under any load, is there a way of disconnecting the pump just to see if the boiler stays on when not under load.

Call an engineer. It sounds like it will be cheaper and safer for you, in the long run!
Politely put... If you had an idea of what you were doing you wouldn't have put a 13amp fuse in!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back