Ariston Eurocombi a/23 diverter valve / diaphragm help pls

gas4you said:
Nothing other than op saying he thinks heating is not turning off/operating properly.
True point taken !!
As my first post suggested get someone to check it out as you dont seem to have a clue :LOL:

Sponsored Links
hi there

i have just nipped home at lunch and had a look at it again.

i can see a bar clearly hitting the microswitch when i turn the tap on

is this operated by the diaphragm, or does the diaphragm have another purpose that could cause it to turn on both the hot water and rads when just asking for hot water.

just want to make sure im changing the right thing first

If the pin is operating the switch then you should get hot water without any heating!

If the switch is faulty or wet then you will get heating when you dont expect it.

As suggested you seem to be very confused and would be better getting a competent engineer.

Tony

yeah all these shortened names Terry is using is confusing, however I do not have the money to get an engineer in.

I had a good look at it tonight and the microswitch is definately being operated so changing the diaphragm won;t make any difference.
( i didn't properly understand what it did )

the next port of call is the microswitch then, i'l look into that port of call.

Thank you for all your help, it is appreciated

Sponsored Links
You could try GRFO U TC!

They tell me Valporaiso is a nice port to call at But its a bit Chile!!!

ghockley1981 said:
yeah all these shortened names Terry is using is confusing, however I do not have the money to get an engineer in.

I am sometimes a little unsympathic to those who live in homes worth well over £200,000 who say they dont have £70-£80 to call an engineer.

Thats largely supported by the fact that very few people over 30 will ever do any overtime if asked by their employers. When I worked for the BBC we had a rigger/driver job which involved travelling away from base. Althought the earnings were good, out of 100 drivers only about two would apply because they all wanted to be at home in the evening. We usually got ex army/marine servicemen.

Tony

again thanks for the help,

my house is 130k i work all the hours i can and all my spare money goes on supporting my family.

so i hope you can understand that when i say i can't afford it, it 's not because im cheap. but because i can only just pay the bills let alone do anything else with it

thanks very much all of you, if this doesn't work i'l have to find the money from somewhere.

anyone want to watch me dance or a tenner???

cheer people, thank you.

Hi, Sorry to bother you, but I found your post ref your combi boiler from 2007 where you were getting your heating coming on when you wanted hot water. We're experiencing the same symptoms with our A23 MFFI now am are wondering what your problem was in the end and how much it cost to fix? Also was it something you managed to do yourself or was it a case of having to call an engineer out for?
Once agan sorry to pester but would really appreciate knowing as like yourself would do myself if at all possible
Many thanks for taking the time to read.
Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back