Ariston Eurocombi at it again.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I posted on here the other week but had the boiler repaired since then (turned out to be the mainboard).
However, there is a little pool of water under the boiler this morning. Took the front off and it is clearly coming from a little electrical switch on the side of the diverter valve. Id guess it could be a temp sensor. Its only a little leak and when the boilers on it doesnt leak at all.
I could be underestimating this one but Im thinking I could maybe do this myself, either replace the piece screwed into the diverter valve or even repair it. Is it likely to be just a sealing ring that I could do myself?
Cheers, Andy

Sponsored Links
Its difficult for me to come to any conclusion as to what that is from that picture!

The possible answer is to see if you can remove it and why its leaking.

But do that early on a weekday in case you need to cann an engineer!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Pull off the black plug.

Drop the pressure and reseal the thermistor with PTFE tape.

But, a leak from that area is nearly always from the pressure differential assembly below it.

Sorry, that pic was a bit pants admittedly.

I'll try resealing the thermistor but if that doesnt work is the pressure differential assembly part of the diverter valve and is it a big job?

Cheers,

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back