Ariston GENUS 30 PLUS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of an equivalent boiler with the same kind of hot water flowrate as this boiler (21.2 l/min)? Or does anyone know if Ariston are looking to upgrade this boiler?

Just this was the one we were looking at getting and are now told that it does not comply with all the new regulations that have been bought in :(

Cheers

Simon

Sponsored Links
There are condensing combis with the same or more output in terms of energy, such as Vaillant ecomax 835.
The Ariston you mention is a storage combi so will only give the flow you quote until the store is depleted.
Storage combis aren't very popular. There may be more coming but for now you'd be looking at a separate unvented store. Ideal Isostore, or a similar name, is one boiler + store thing.

I have latest ariston product CD 'hot off the press' The nearest current is aco 32 combi @ 13.1 l/m and microgenus @ 12.5
So AFAIK they dont make an equivalent yet but no doubt they will be working on it.
Go to their website and send em an email. They should tell you the latest

I have yet to see a boiler that can produce 21.1 l of hot water at specified 35 degree temp rise. Either the figure is misqouted or at different temperature rise.

You could look at unvented cylinders or storage combis.

Sponsored Links
DP said:
I have yet to see a boiler that can produce 21.1 l of hot water at specified 35 degree temp rise. Either the figure is misqouted or at different temperature rise.

You could look at unvented cylinders or storage combis.

It is a storage combi and it certainly does produce this flow rate from its store.

Cheers for all of your replies :)

So as i cant go for this one. can anyone recommend a good boiler that will give geed enough flow rate for a nice powerful shower?

DP You will be pleased to hear that you were actually right! I just checked the flow rate and not the temp rise as it was only the flow rate that was the topic issue.
When I re-read your statement I decided to double check and found the following elsewhere in the brochure:-

Thanks to the integral 50 litres of hot water storage GENUS
30 PLUS delivers hot water to the tap instantly with a specific
flow rate of 21.2 litres/min at a temperature rise of 30ºC (in
accordance with British Standard EN 625). Filling an average bath
in about 3½ minutes.

I already told you a boiler for a good shower. (reply number 1)
I already said it was a storage combi (reply number 1)
Obviously you can get all sorts of figures for flow rates from a store- which only last a few minutes.
You might well find a storage combi which gives you 21.1 l/min at 35 degree temp rise. Whether it's any good for your purposes is another matter.
But, as above. I don't know of a condensing storage combi yet.

In that case let us say we were both correct.

Storage combis can deliver greater flow rate of hot water (thus addressing the negative on standard combi) until the store has been depleted of heat. Here on the boiler will only provide standard combi flow rate

Couple of weeks ago had to remove an Ariston Genus Plus on which the HW expansion vessel had failed, water was leaking from the store unions and fan had failed as well. Having done the UV ticket, it hit me that the EV mentioned above is connected to the outlet side of the store. This kills this vessel (have attended several Genuses with failed EV). Suggestion was made to MTS to relocate vessel connection to inlet (cold side). What with the cost of all these failed components, it was cheaper to replace the boiler.

Went to another storage combi, this time Vokera Linea Max. The main pressure was above 7 bar during the day. This high pressure had popped the HW HE, which then went and popped the main heat exchanger. Pressure reducing valve and mini EV installed along with new heat exchangers.

Worcester does not fare much better. Replaced the heat store on a high flow a few months ago. Main water pH7. I wonder if it is a water thing

The Woosta heat store is on the primary side, which would protect the EV somewhat from aggressive mains water. I would have thought that would make more difference than the temperature of the water the EV is exposed to, assuming they'd chosen a sensible material. An assumption too many perhaps.
It also keeps the 7 bar mains away from the main EV!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back