Ariston HE boilers

NB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been recommended this to replace an ancient Potterton boiler _so I would be adding it to an old system. Do condensing combi's work on old radioatrs and is this a good make?

Sponsored Links
Was your old boiler a combi?
The heating system needs to be cleaned.
I would avoid Aristons.
Which model were you recommended?
I dont like Ariston they are cheap and not very good. Getting a boiler change is going to be expensive and you are better off getting a better boiler like a Vaillant.

have fitted over 100 aco 32mffi,problems have been a couple of split heat exchangers ,a couple of pcbs flow and return sensors,apart from that they do what it says on the tin.
make sure it is commissioned correctly with a fga as every one of them has required adjustment on high and low fire.
just fitted the latest model of this new heat ex and better controls make it a nice boiler only gripe is it does not recognise hw demand[ariston out to fit new flow switch next week :rolleyes: ]again this needed setting up correctly with a fga and the readings were miles out but easy to adjust.

If I had that number of faults out of 100 fitted I wouldn't use them again :eek:

Sponsored Links
If I had that number of faults out of 100 fitted I wouldn't use them again :eek:

have had far higher failure rates with a certain manufacturer who used to use a rabbit to advertise there products.possibly 10 failures out of 108 boilers all fixed by warrenty agents cannot be too bad,last two boilers had the same fault which i suspect was caused by the sparks not the product

does not really matter if condensers work well on old rads as you have no choice in the matter, they are compulsory.
as Dave mentioned, at a 10% failure rate, i would not be impressed with ariston.
search the forum on subject of new boiler or boiler replacement, and you will find all the info you need

I've been recommended this to replace an ancient Potterton boiler _so I would be adding it to an old system. Do condensing combi's work on old radioatrs and is this a good make?

As long as your current system is thoroughly cleansed & flushed properly before fitting your new boiler (it won`t be) all boilers are guaranteed by the manufacturers for at least 3-5 years. All this load of old balls about condensing boilers saving money & being environmentally friendly is crap anyway, they are almost always oversized, so I`d bang in anything you can get your hands on as cheap as chips, get your guarantee & be happy for 3-5 or sometimes even longer, my back boiler has been in for thirty years! :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back