ARISTON MICRO COMBI 27 MFFI - RED LED? - ROB?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem on my Ariston boiler where the red LED will come on after an hour or so of having the central heating on and the water at the same time.

Once the LED comes on, both water and heat stop working until I press reset.

I have looked up what the Red LED means and it comes up as ignition failure in the manual.

Does anyone know what part would need changing?

I'm hoping Rob could answer this as I feel he is an expert, although I welcome answers from other experts also :)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Does anyone know what part would need changing?

Thanks

Sounds as if you think that it needs a part changing which you can do yourself!

I am expecting its a gas/combustion related problem which we don't advise on here.

So my advice would be call a competent gas reg engineer.

It is probably something which a service would have corrected. But I don't suppose you have it serviced?

Tony

Hi Agile,

I have had 2 engineers visit and inspect the boiler.

Both engineers have different verdicts so i wanted an opinion of someone on this forum who has dealt with this boiler before.

I am not going to change any part myself but i would rather like to know which engineer is correct! :)

If you call people for a free diagnosis then I would ask why you expect they will give you the right answer?

Any competent engineer would usually charge for visiting and diagnosing the fault!

I have my own guess at the problem but that's gas related so I cannot mention it here. Nor do I expect any parts are needed. But the only way to correctly diagnose is in front of the boiler.

Nor should you have to pay for parts not required to complete the repair. People who do that are what we call "parts changers"! They don't have any diagnostic skills and just change expensive parts often starting with the PCB.

Why not tell us what they have said? But if you called me on that free basis then I would intentionally give you a wrong answer based on an expensive part!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply Agile.

I thought all diagnosis were free? They say they do a no call out fee so i assume that was good company practice.

1 engineer stated it was the PCB and that it was a common fault.

Another engineer stated it was the Expansion Vessel.

These are 2 different opinions. I would be greatful if someone can point me to which engineer is most correct so i know who to trust.

Thanks for your reply Agile.

I thought all diagnosis were free? They say they do a no call out fee so i assume that was good company practice.

Ha Ha

If I did free diagnosis then I would have a full time job! But I would be totally unpaid!

Any sensible engineer is not going to do anything for free.

By the way when I said I would give a false diagnosis I was only being flippant because it would never happen as I always charge for a diagnosis.

The term call out charge is rather historical when firms added a charge to cover travelling time and costs. Few people charge this any more but we all say no call out charge. But we still charge for what we do.

I don't think your fault is either of those things. However, I have never seen your boiler.

But obviously if you chose people short of work or who are going to rip you off then you will be up against a problem in my opinion.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back