Ariston PowerMax Boiler - Hot Water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Boiler was leaking a few weeks ago every time the heating or water was on it would leak.

Having called someone out to look at it there was a connection which was loose which they manged to tighten and stop the leaking. Since then the hot water doesnt seem to work and the heating needs to be on at the same time to get hot water.

Any reasons what the problem could be? If I loosen the bolt where the leak was and re tighten will that make any difference is it anything to do pressure, as I have no idea.

Was working prefectly fine before the leak was fixed.

Sponsored Links
Quite clearly they have not fixed the leak properly so that the boiler continues to work.

I dont know what they touched from your description so cannot advise about that.

The obvious solution is to call them back to do the job properly.

Tony

Your boiler is a potterton powermax.

The leak was from your hot water flow switch.

It looks like your flow switch is upside down/twisted through 180 degrees.

The reason you get hot water only when the heating on, is that the DHW pump stirs the store water when there is a heat drop in the store.

Isolate the cold water supply to the boiler, loosen the black plastic 'nut' twist it 180 degress so that the grey wire is at the bottom and retighten. If it leaks after tightening and restoring the supply you will need a new one - they aren.'t expensive. ;)

Sponsored Links
I seem to have the problem again I'm not getting hot water but if I turn on the heating I seem to be ok

What could be the cause?

Is it worth paying for boiler cover with a company?

Having done the following below (instructions given previously) seemed to have resolved the problem but the grey wire seems to be ok now.

Isolate the cold water supply to the boiler, loosen the black plastic 'nut' twist it 180 degress so that the grey wire is at the bottom and retighten.

The water flow switch is now leaking as the black grumit has cracked.

Can I buy this? Can anyone give me a quote to replace or fix?

the flowswitch is still available at places like gas appliance spares, sit down now, retail £143 :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back