Ariston SX 20 MFFICE Not Firing Pilot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just replaced my central heating system with new radiators (not boiler.) I turned the boiler (the one above) off 6 days ago at the mains for both gas and electric.

Having refilled the radiator system, checked for leaks (none, which is good for my first time) and bled the radiators. I plugged in the bolier, pressurised it and pressed go to light the pilot ~ NOTHING.

I know the pressure relief valve need replacing because its leaking. The one thing I dont have on the system now is a room thermostat. I removed this because I have therm valves now. I also don't have the hot water connected to taps yet, just blocked the pipes.

Any help with this please? I read somewhere about bleeding the pump ~ would this stop the pilot lighting?

Sponsored Links
you cant have all trv's with out a bypass valve and also you must have a room stat.

you haven't mentioned turning the gas back on, but you shouldn't be touching gas unless you are corgi registered

I am sure some one will soon confirm this

i have a hallway radiator without the trv but with two normal valves.

how does the room thermostat work then? if i don't have it does it stop the pilot working?

Sponsored Links
thx

understand it might be regs etc but what I am trying to eliminate is the cause of the not firing.

I will buy a new room stat as the old one was about 15 years old and would look naff in my new flat.

From the basic wiring diagram I have the room stat wires connect into the same slots as the timer. I can't see why this would prevent the Pilot firing.

nope

the only thing that makes any noise is the clock

it ticks away patiently

other than that not a whisper when I switch it on

I'm blown away..not literally and not be the boiler!

Ariston or MTS as they are now have given me some faith in customer service.

Getting through to them, talking to them and not being advised just to get a new boiler (the easy route nowdays for many companies.)

They recommend cranking the pump as it is likely to be stuck.

Lets wait and see

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back