Ariston sx20 mffice is a piece of s**t

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am working on a ariston piece of p** sx 20 mffice , they have no hot water, as usual the diaphragm was completely spilt so got a new one and fitted that , now the boiler kicks in but the water still doesnt get hot but the rads do instead , just want someone to confirm this means the divertor valve is goosed , it wouldt be the secondary heat exchanger would it ?

Sponsored Links
I was just double checking but looking at the diaphragm it was in the worst condition i have ever seen , not just ripped completly in two pieces!!!!! :rolleyes:

tomy said:
I was just double checking but looking at the diaphragm it was in the worst condition i have ever seen , not just ripped completly in two pieces!!!!! :rolleyes:

I changed one on a 9.24 electronic today which only had the vey outer ring and the metal centre....there was almost no rubber left at all. The house was only empty for 6 months aswell. I'm pretty sure if I could see the expansion vessel I changed that would have been the same.

Sponsored Links
The manifold shuttle is not following the diaphragm section.

This most often happens when the boiler has been left for weeks without the diaphragm working.

Tony

Can sometimes be freed/improved by pushing down hard repeatedly on the diaphragm. Worth a try before you drain (iso valves leak) etc to remove dv manifold.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back