Armitage shanks space 120 bath problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, first off a little background and its the 1st (and last time I'll be fitting one of these)
purchased the space 120 (1200mm long), fitted it in no problem, couple of days later it developed a crack and started to leak, so back to the plumb center it went
fitted the new one, this time framed it out properly as the sides look awfully thin, couple of days later, same thing, crack again although on different side of bath, so that got ripped out and took back again
fitted the 3rd one and before anyone asks, I'm a qualified plumber with over 15 yrs exp!
no cracks this time buts whats puzzling me is this;

no leaks from plug-hole waste when I run the mixer tap, no leaks from overflow when fully-filled and no leaks when bath is half-filled but when you fully fill it and let out the plug is p***** out?

I've tried 2 pop up bath wastes, normal waste/overflow and all the tricks in my repotoire!
bath is all level and really secure, waste pipe all level and clipped, really at a lose what to try next
good job this is one my own house as I dread to think what money and respect as a plumber I would have lost if this was for a customer, never had this much trouble with another bath before, any advice or anyone had the same problem with this model before?, just got to the tiling stage now and this is holding me back and the wifes started pulling her face!, only thing I can think off is the bath isnt holding its shape properly when fully filled?, many thanks

Sponsored Links
How about taking it out, getting your money back and buying a bath that won't cause you problems - although it sounds like 'her indoors' is getting a good face workout for your trouble so someone's getting something for your effort. ;)

Happens once and you can put it down to bad luck, twice you think that it really isn't your day, 3 times and you really have to wonder if you have bought a decent product. How long will it last even if you sort it now?

Is there a reason why you didn't consider steel? I know they're more cumbersome to install but you get a hell of a lot less movement and it'll keep it's shape!

After all, there comes a point where you have to call it a draw...

Welcome to the world of modern plumbing :rolleyes: Get onto the man.facturers website and also Bum center and put a few *** into them ........allegedly....this is what a bloke in the pub told me to tell you to do ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back