Armstead Quick Dry Satin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Screwfix have stopped selling it and Dulux Decorator centre wants stupid money for a 2.5 ltr tin.
Can anyone suggest a similar, decent replacement that won't require a bank loan to purchase?

TIA.

Sponsored Links
So, I decided to go with Dulux Trade Quick Dry Satinwood. Bad idea. Should have paid the extra and stuck with the Armstead. Ah well. Every day is a school day.

I found this irritating too - the Armstead was always my go-to. Over £40 a tin at Dulux I see.

I've previously been recommended Bedec Satin by @Wayners as a replacement which is about £30 for 2.5L from toolstation. Not used it myself yet.

Sponsored Links
There are loads of much better paints vs the cxxx you see on shelves and talked about.
My advice is up your brands. Yeah the cost can be double but the easy of application and finish is so much better you won't go back. Its just convincing people just to try vs stick to what they know even though its not working. I got frustrated with the likes of dulux and johnstones so went a different root and never looked back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back