Army recruitment

Sponsored Links
Nice friends you have there LLL :rolleyes:

Wow, should i be ashamed that i was brough up around here and these type of people are about? Don't you think i wish i was born and brought up in a nice area, better education?
I have done something about it, hammered it into my children that education is the way forward and they won't have to live the life i had, then when they join here, :LOL: maybe they can pass a better story on, don't be ashamed of your past if you didn't have control.(does it sound like my bedtime? :D )

Sponsored Links
It only takes a look through history to see who as a spotty oick teenager has joined the army after starting life as either an undesirable or from a less fortunate sitiuation who have through hard work and effort from both themselves and the army turned their lives around and made something of themselves. And in the process have made the lives of their country men what they are today

Like who? Got any examples? They'll be the one or two out of a few thousand that they use for recruitment drives in the economically deprived areas throughout the UK, where there are no other employment alternatives.
They don't show you the mentally ill, alcoholic/drug dependent schizos living in a box under a bridge (or a hostel/bedsit if they've done well). AKA the majority who go back to "civvy street", who'd planned at 17 a cushy life with no responsibilities and a lot of fun activities, to then retire at 38 on a full army pension but didn't consider the awkward bit, ie having to go and kill people and be crippled yourself, not just drive jeeps and HGV's for fun....
But then there are the fruitcases who relish the idea of being allowed to kill and not do time for it, beats getting life for stabbing someone down the local to satisfy their bloodlust.

I have plenty of examples. In my experience as an army cadet instructor I know many youths from less fortunate background than myself who have made some excellent and noteable careers in the army. There are also the less happier endings where careers have been cut short for various reasons. No one is under the illision that "Frank" skiing in norway, scuba diving in hawii etc is the norm, and no one knows how they are going to deal with the reality of a soldiers job until it happens but people are strong and can. some better than others.

Have you ever spoken to one of these fooked up box people? Was it the armys fault they were there? Or was it the fact their parents bummed em when they were kids.... now stop being a nobber!!

You've got to be mental to join the army. It's full of psychopaths.

I heard on QI the other day that more Vietnam Vets have now committed suicide than died in action. The Afghan vets will fare no better.

Happening now.

http://www.congress.org/news/2011/01/24/more_troops_lost_to_suicide[/QUOTE]
Those figures relate to the currently enlisted/active troops. Not veterans.
Either way, they ain't good. One has to wonder what the hell goes on in the US Forces these days.

Back