Basic pay, for a 19 YO in the British Army??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know how much a 19 year old would likely be paid, actual take home pay please, in the British Army. Just a basic squadie.

No, I don't know any more than that, and will not be explaining the reason for my question, it's personal. I just need an idea.

Sponsored Links

Hehe, the old arrse forum, the NAAFI bar is not for the faint hearted.

Sponsored Links
Harry, have a look at this. Won't tell you 'take home' but you can roughly work out what it might be.

Would that make him a recruit, on £16844. How much of that goes on army housing, food and taxes? Just a rough idea?

Anyone know how much a 19 year old would likely be paid, actual take home pay please, in the British Army. Just a basic squadie.

No, I don't know any more than that, and will not be explaining the reason for my question, it's personal. I just need an idea.
I’m not you will get in Harry.

Would that make him a recruit, on £16844. How much of that goes on army housing, food and taxes? Just a rough idea?
Recruit according to the army is £16844.
Tax calculator on basic rate tax shows as £1419, less food and accommodation, approx £200 on the Arse forum response from a couple of years ago. So you can reckon about £1200 per month.

Any forces careers office will be able to tell your potential recruit. Don't bank on it being an easy process though as since Capita have taken over managing the process it can take many months to complete.

Would have thought everybody knows how to use Google even somebody who thinks up dumb Q`s every bleeding day!

Would have thought everybody knows how to use Google even somebody who thinks up dumb Q`s every bleeding day!
A bottle of rum was purchased this week which gives the purchaser a dispensation order for all utterances forthwith.

Bejeesus!
Hardly worth getting off ya backside and stopping the dole for that amount.

To think these lads will be going to fight for our country - or at the very least lump some sandbags about when the UK floods again.

Bejeesus!
Hardly worth getting off ya backside and stopping the dole for that amount.

To think these lads will be going to fight for our country - or at the very least lump some sandbags about when the UK floods again.

It's a darn sight more than I was paid, at that age. Don't you mean 'might' rather than will, then there is the cheap all in living and the opportunity to travel and see the world for free.

one thing about young new recruits that used to happen and may still . They did not get access to their total weekly pay they only got a percentage of it at pay parade and the rest was saved for them till they got leave

Horse's mouth... =£1285/month
Screenshot 2022-11-06 at 11.23.48.png

Sponsored Links
Back