Arrrgghh!!! Screen Protectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Tried to fit one last week. F'd it up... luckily, there was another in the pack.

Oh, whoops, that one was spoilt too...

Now I've got two more.

How do you do it?

I've got three layers to this thing. A central thicker plastic sheet with two thin plastic sheets, one sticky, one not.

There's a black sticker on one side reading FRONT and a red one on the other reading BACK.

The labels do not come off without leaving residue.

Please put me out of my misery!

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Check youtube, plenty of videos, basically low dust environment, lint free cloth, low tack sticky tape and lots of patience.

Had a look at a few, but they don't explain what all the layers are.

Sponsored Links
Had a look at a few, but they don't explain what all the layers are.
Complex it is not.
- Its a sticker, which has a backing, and a protective layer.

You pull the backing off, stick it on, and then having rubbed it a bit, take the protective (and largely pointless) top layer off.

The hard part is getting it straight and without getting trapped lint and bubbled in it!

If either of the layers dont separate with ease and without leaving a mark they are broken, but ive never had that issue. You dont have to remove the small lables/stickers on the tabs.

Daniel

its a bit of plastic,how hard are you making it?

clean screen take the back part off this then sticks to screen then take front part off,then look at it and realize it aint on straight then take it off and repostion. :LOL:

Oh come on gadget makers... put the protective screen on for us will you? seems like a money making thing !!

Oh come on gadget makers... put the protective screen on for us will you? seems like a money making thing !!

They use gorilla glass. You don't really need these little pieces of plastic to protect it. The money is being made by third party companies selling you things you don't even need.

Aye, you have to try hard to scratch the screen, I carry mine around in a pocket with keys and coins and it's still perfect. I do have one of those rubberish cases mind which wrap around the back and protect the edges.

If you drop the thing and it hits the ground just wrong the glass can break. If that happens almost cheaper to buy a new phone. The case adds thickness to the phone but they are still amazingly small for what they do.

I think it's strange they have gorilla glass on the screen but not over the camera lens. That gets scratched and is bound to affect picture quality.

Sponsored Links
Back