Arrrrggghhh... Baxi 105he, no central heating:(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I thought it would be a good idea to replace my old Honeywell dial thermostat with a Honeywell cm107 programmer/thermostat combined :D The wiring is the same according to both thermostat's wiring diagrams with two wires connecting to two terminals in the combi boiler. Should be a straight swap (no?).

So I swapped them, programmed the new programmer/thermostat, turned the boiler electrics back on, but regardless of how high I put the target temperature on the CM907, the central heating doesn't fire up. Hot water on demand is working fine.

After searching the internet and scratching my head for a while, I decided to put the old dial thermostat back for tonight and look afresh at why the new CM907 isn't working tomorrow. Alas, even with the old dial thermostat back in position (with the same connections as before), the central heating still doesn't fire up :mad:

There are no errors indicated by the lights on the Baxi 105, but when the boiler first fires up, the central heating light flickers for a second or two before disappearing - it doesn't really flash.

Many thanks in advance for any ideas...

Sponsored Links
I left the boiler with it's timer in the off mode overnight. This morning I moved the timer to 'on', and the radiators are suddenly working fine again, albeit still with the old thermostat. Absolutely crazy, I haven't done anything else other than give the old boiler a rest :eek:

I'll start a new thread about swapping my dial thermostat for the new CM907...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back