Artichoke And Other Foods Said To Aid Weight Loss

1300 cal a day?! Were you just sitting in an armchair and not moving?! That's insanely low and pretty miserable to achieve. The dietician sounds like a bit of a crackpot! :)

Sponsored Links
1300 cal a day?! Were you just sitting in an armchair and not moving?! That's insanely low and pretty miserable to achieve. The dietician sounds like a bit of a crackpot! :)
He was a proper bloke, and he was right, measured everything.
Today's about typical, and I totted up a bit less than 1300. I don't move about much though. Hurts!

Sponsored Links
Walking around the house (including all the calories burnt thinking, digesting etc) is estimated to take up to 2000 calories a day.

I stick to 2450 or less per day, sometimes quite a bit less. And I do either swimming or cycling or limited walking every day.

But weight loss has slowed right down.

26 April 162.3Kg
3 May 163
10 May 158.9
17 May 157.7
24 May 157.3
31 May 156.5
7 June 156.1
14 June 156
21 June 156
28 June 155.7
How tall are you?

Have you tried 600kcal a day for any 2 days a week and do as you want for the other 5? That should get you another 2kg a month off.
There are no foods that will kick start your metabolism. Eating more protein and less fat can help as the body feels full with less Kcal.
Have you considered going for a 45 minute brisk walk every day?

How tall are you?
1.83m

I am also considering Michael Moseley's Mediterranean 5:2 diet, where he advocates eating stuff like oily fish, vegetables, Greek yogurt, EV olive oil etc...

Mrs Secure said the fasting days should be back to back, but I think that might be a bit brutal.

I am limited as regards walking, but I could cycle 45 minutes semi-briskly.

Did my first ride out the other day in 13 years and was a bit wobbly...was out for around 40 minutes and when I got back and dismounted, my body did an impersonation of what it felt like when I dismounted at the finish line in Blackpool (having started in Manchester) all those 13 years ago.
I habitually do leave something on my plate and I have always done it. It used to annoy the h+ll out of my teachers at school, but could just never manage that last bit. Even cooking at home for myself, I leave some - the dog is always grateful for any leavings :)
Sounds like you should be posting daily doggy bags over to Mottie Mansions...!

Digestive biscuits are really calorie heavy.
Screenshot_20220629-080610.png

I am also considering Michael Moseley's Mediterranean 5:2 diet, where he advocates eating stuff like oily fish, vegetables, Greek yogurt, EV olive oil etc...

Vegetables, fish and yoghurt are healthy foods

But an ounce of olive oil is just as calorie heavy as an ounce of lard, dripping or chip fat, and more so than an ounce of chocolate, sugar or cake.

Not conducive to weight loss.

Vegetables, fish and yoghurt are healthy foods

But an ounce of olive oil is just as calorie heavy as an ounce of lard, dripping or chip fat, and more so than an ounce of chocolate, sugar or cake.

Not conducive to weight loss.
Healthier fats can help aid weight loss. The oily fish is excellent.

I'm not a fan of oily fish. At all.

But maybe I could have fish oil tabs?

Healthier fats can help aid weight loss.
fat and oil are very high in calories

there are 100 calories in 25g of sugar
there are 220 calories in 25g of olive oil
There are 4 calories in 25g of tomatoes

what makes you think that high-calorie ingredients are conducive to weight loss?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back